With the escalating Victorian crisis and cases being reported across Sydney we are stepping up our Covid Safe Policy. We have written our Covid Safety Plan and now registered as a "Covid-Safe Business". From Monday 3rd August we will be adding/continuing the following measures to protect everyone in the FoodSt community:
1. Face masks have been made mandatory for our pickup drivers (when picking up meals from our cooks kitchens) and for staff in the warehouse. Pickups are contactless.
2. Our delivery to our customers is completed by a 3rd Party courier who are continuing to deliver contactless.
3. Our pickup car is constantly sanitised and touch points wiped down at the beginning and end of every shift. Esky's used to collect meals are wiped down with disinfectant between pickups and hands sanitised and gloves changed between pickups.
4. All cooks and drivers are practising 1.5m social distancing at pickups, we are continuing social distancing measures in the warehouse.
5. Cooks and Warehouse staff are not permitted to cook/work if showing any signs of illness or if there is illness in the household.
6. Hand sanitiser, gloves, masks and disinfectant wipes are readily available in the warehouse and in the pickup car. Cooks are practising safe hand hygiene in their homes.
We endeavour to keep the highest level of safety in our business. #staysafe everyone.
It has been more than a week since we wrote our original Covid-19 Policy. To keep up with the rapid changes, and following the advice from NSW Health we are now implementing the following protocols across all of our kitchens:
1. Practise Good Hygiene
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water
- Use alcohol based sanitisers regularly
- clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces such as benchtops, desks and doorknobs
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones, keys, wallets
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth (using masks wear needed)
- do not cook whilst unwell or someone else is unwell in the family
2. Practise Social distancing
- Stay at home unless absolutely necessary
- keep 1.5 metres away from others
- avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- use tap and pay instead of cash
- travel at quiet times and avoid crowds
- avoid public gatherings and at risk groups
We are now picking up food from home kitchens completely contactless and deliveries to customer is also completely contactless.
We are committed to operating safely and limiting the spread of the virus. #staysafe
All FoodSt Cooks have now completed the NSW Health Covid-19 Infection Control Training and we want to re-iterate that all of our deliveries are contactless. We are committed to reducing the spread of the virus.
Original Message: 13/3/2020
At FoodSt the health and safety of our community is our highest priority. In response to recent events we have outlined our COVID-19 Policy to keep our operations, food safety and hygiene protocols transparent.
6. If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical advice early
FoodStandards Australia state that it is highly unlikely that the virus is transmitted through food, and to date there is no evidence of this occurring.
HYGIENE AND FOOD SAFETY
Good hygiene and sanitation are always important when preparing food and all of our cooks and warehouse staff are currently trained and adhere to the Australian Food Act requirements for hygiene.